Thursday, June 25, 2009

untitled

I think when it comes to life and living and being happy, there is only one person I look out for and thats myself. This may sound selfish and spoiled and arrogant and what not but the way I look at it is like this. You only live one life (lets just assume because we have no recognition of a past one and no signs of a future one) and that is our own. So I just feel that you should always put yourself first. When it comes to anything really, especially being happy. If there is something that would make you happy, but to do it you hurt another...I mean you know what Im gonna say. There is no reason that someone else shud be put infront of yoiurself. Because if the goal of life is to be happy (lets assume because we spend all our lives working for money to buy what we need and to have more to get what we want and getting what we want makes us happy blah blah blah... this is a whole different post) why would we strip that from ourselves.

I told Bryan that its like were all running a race and everyone wants to win. Why would I purposely slow down to a walk so that you could get infront of me? My dad said our lives are essentially a bunch of memories, each win would be a happy memory and each lose a bad one. And who really wants to look bad on bad memories... that makes no sense

BUT there are exceptions... I would put my kids before myelf. Why? Because I am selfish,and they are little mini me's and because I love to win I want my mini me's to win too. AND when makins someone else happy in turn makes yourself happy.

I just believe that there should never be a time when it was either your happiness or theirs and they come first. I know it can be hard(it can ve VERY hard) But I live the life that I am living and in my life I want to be happy and Im gonna do whatever I have to do to make me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment